Uses volunteers to provide rides to non-emergency medical appointments and weekly grocery shopping. Local and out of town appointments are available and all rides are based on driver availability.
WEEKLY GROCERY SHOPPING ON HOLD
Medical appointments include:
- Office Visits
- Lab Work
- Outpatient Procedures
Grocery shopping service is offered weekly to your favorite store on Rt. #30 in Amsterdam and by appointment in other areas of the county.
Note: Parking fees/tolls are responsibility of client and are due at time of ride.
- Must be at least 60 years old
- Must reside within Montgomery County
- Non Medicaid recipient (medical)
- No mobility issues (clients must be able to get in and out of home and vehicle unassisted)
- Initial sign up is easy and can be done by mail
- Completed paperwork must be received prior to scheduling a ride
- At least 7 days notice is required for scheduling
- Please notify OFA as soon as possible of appointment changes
OFA Senior Transport is a free service offered to residents of Montgomery County. A $3.00 contribution is suggested per ride. Contributions will help us to continue and possibly expand this program. Statements are mailed monthly and contributions should be sent to OFA rather than given to drivers.
Our volunteer drivers are reimbursed mileage. Tipping is not required but appreciated. No one will be denied service due to inability to contribute.
VOLUNTEER DRIVERS NEEDED
Montgomery County Office for Aging is excited to launch our new and much needed “OFA Senior Transport” program beginning April 2019.
This program is being designed to provide transportation to seniors for their non-emergency medical appointments and grocery shopping at no cost with focus in the western part of Montgomery County including Canajoharie, Fort Plain, Nelliston, Palatine Bridge and St. Johnsville. The success of this program will depend on volunteer drivers to provide the rides.
Please help us spread the word!
- Have the option to be reimbursed mileage
- Flexibility to determine when, how often and what areas you serve
- Can be any age with a valid driver’s license
- You can make a difference in someone’s life!
Help a neighbor and sign up to be a volunteer driver! Call 518-843-2300 for more information or to sign up.