- This event has passed.
“HEALTHY STARTS HERE” RESOURCE FAIR
August 3, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
FOOD DEMONSTRATIONS | RECIPES | FOOD SAMPLING | COMMUNITY RESOURCES | GAMES | GUIDANCE & ASSISTANCE
Come join us to learn more about the local community resources that support eating healthy and a healthy lifestyle.
LOCATION: Horace J. Inman Senior Citizen’s Center- 53 Guy Park Ave., Amsterdam NY 12010
TIME & DATE: Friday, Aug. 3rd 2018 from noon- 2 pm
- local approved farmers who accept SNAP and Senior Farmer’s Market Coupons- produce can be purchased!
- SNAP outreach & Department of Social Services
- The Alzheimer’s Association
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Office for Aging
- Nutrition Outreach Coordinator to provide information on upcoming workshops
- Food Pantry information
- Resource Center for Independent Living
- NY Connects
- St. Mary’s Health Advocates/ Peer Educators
- Latino resources in Amsterdam
- New Dimensions
- And many others!
This material was funded by the USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. It can help you buy nutritious foods for a better diet. To find out more, contact 1-800-352-8401. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.