Here is a great walking at home exercise that any senior citizen can do to keep physically fit, give you more energy, and that is fun to do.
Get started walking at home with this complete workout by Leslie Sansone. Warm up followed by workout then cool down recovery ending with stretching.
Here is what one of her viewers had to say: Leslie is amazing and her walking at home workouts are very effective. I started the 1 mile for a few weeks and then increased it by doing 3 miles. I still enjoy the 1 mile at night, though. Then I discovered that she had a 5 mile walk with a 2 minute boost. Now that was quite the workout! So far, I’ve lost 13 pounds in a month! Now just 25 more to go!
- Walking is the simplest way to start and continue a fitness journey.
- Walking costs nothing to get started.
- Walking has the lowest dropout rate of any type of exercise.
- Walking is easy and safe.
- Studies show that for every hour of walking, life expectancy may increase by two hours.
- Walking for as few as 30 minutes a day provides heart health benefits.
- Walking is the single most effective form of exercise to achieve heart health.
- Physically active people save $500 a year in healthcare costs.
- Employers can save $16 for every $1 they spend on health and wellness.
- Fitness programs have reduced employer healthcare costs by 20 – 55%.
- Reducing just one health risk in the workplace increases productivity by 9%.
- Reducing one health risk decreases absenteeism by 2%.
And walking at home isn’t your only option. Try these tips for increasing physical activity wherever you are. You may be surprised at all your opportunities to increase your physical activity every day. Consider carrying this list with you for one day. Check off the ways you notice that you could increase your physical activity. Read more